Wednesday, March 29, 2006

To All Those Nameless People I Know...

This post is specially dedicated to all those nameless people I know...

To the Lady with the White Hat...for her kindness and love for her friend...for having the will power to visit her friend who is in the hospital. This old lady has a very bad heart disease,but she travels everyday by bus...to see her friend and her friend is a very old man...a man who has a daughter who does not visit him even once a year.

And what is so striking about this very sweet lady is that she has taught me so many things...we spend talking in the bus station for about 10 minutes before the bus comes and we sit together and she tells me about all the things...the valuable lessons of life..I know not her name...nor does she know mine...she's got hair as white as snow...she wears a white hat...a typical english lady with a very sweet smile...and a good sense of humor...a lady who asked me if my girl friend would be jealous of her if she sat next to me...bless her...she is one person who makes this world a better place.

To the Wise Old Man whom I meet when I go for a cuppa in the local cafetaria. The man who has so many wise things to say...the man who expects nothing in return...but a man who is always ready to help see you through your tough times with the words of wisdom...to a man who was in love with his girl when he was out in the battlefields during World War 2. A man who loved his wife till she said good bye...and left for her heavenly abode... A man who still has a pair of wet teary eyes when he talks about his darling wife...who waited for him to come back from war...and they were married for 40 long years... A man who never forgets my girl friend...Thanks so much wise sir...

To the Lady who stopped the Bus for me...this one is for the old lady who stopped the bus for me...when it did not stop where it should have...I dont know where this old lady had the strength to do so...but she did...and I waved a thank you for her...But then...this is my tribute to her for her kindness to me.

The world is a sweeter place,only because of those very few nameless samaritans...who want nothing for themselves...but who have a heart big enough for others...

It proves the wise old saying...that A Stranger Is A Friend Whom You Never Knew...

How true.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sujay Sukumar said...

Ben-> I dont know u, but from what I've read just now, I can conclude that u are a real nice person.

There is goodness all around us, all we need to do is stop and take notice.

People take all the kindness and happiness for granted, never reciprocate; but the same people are quick to react to rudeness.

Yours was the first post I read today...thank you for making my day meaningful.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

sujay...thanks so much for your comment mate...in fact i live one day at a time...i take one step at a time...and everyday i can tell you for sure...that i am touched by some kind deed...by someone unknown...it is the only thing that keeps me going...esp when i really miss my girl friend.I cant tell her i miss her everyday...i dont want it to be a cliche...but this i know...if i miss her...she will feel the same too...i live for her...and forever it will be..and only the people around me give me the strength to go on...have a nice day my friend...

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home