Thursday, March 16, 2006

Which Way to Go?

This has been the biggest debate here in the UK...it is not about taking M4 to go to London or taking the M42 to reach the motorway. It is about the trend here in the UK...it is called the Outsourcing...

Well,I here quite a lot of people here cursing the services of the banks...the only thing they ever have to say is the accent that Indian Call Centre Executives put up to speak to the customers...
Ask any Englishman about his experience with tele banking and it would invariably end up on these white thorough breds cribbing about outsourcing...

I was a bit annoyed one day and that's when i decided i should try out the tele-banking and no offence meant to either HSBC or the Barclays my official bankers but then i was really surprised to see that my call landed once in Bangalore and on an other occassion it landed in Bombay. I dont remember which one but I found it extremely irritating when the guy who answered the phone was talking utter crap...it was nonsense of the highest order...when i mean nonsense...i do not mean the knowledge about the products and services...it was his accent. It was so heavily accented that i am sure if this executive were to listen to the recording of his own voice i am sure he would not have been able to tell what he spoke...I was fuming...and i was at the end of my tether...and i wanted to scream out and tell him to shut up but thankfully enough the conversation ended much to my relief.

Now i know what these thorough breds meant. I am not meaning to be rude here but i wish and hope the Accent trainers teach a neutral accent and not a combination of Irish,Scottish and Welsh accent. It is the worst thing that can ever happen to anyone...I wonder how we Indians mix all the accents together and give English a new twist.

And to add to the annoyance...these guys come up with the most outlandish names...Munnuswamy will become Sean, Karupuswamy becomes Cary and Kundalakesi becomes Britney.... And the best part is I have a Kandy ( pronounced CANDY ) a collegue of mine who's real name is Dr.Kandaswami.... I laughed my head out when i knew his true name... But then I wonder why these brits have to complain about outsourcing when they were the ones who started it all anyways...is it because they are no longer able to find some decent jobs..maybe true...but then...it was not we Asians who taught the Brit kids to go banging about like crazy when they are 11 or 12...We never taught the kids to waste money on Body Piercings, Booze, Dope , Weed, Condoms, Whores or Smoke... the brits have a raised a frightening new generation of unwed mothers who are addicted to drugs and alcohol, bizzare sexual habits and bizzare sexuality and i can see a whole generation wasting away...or should i say rotting away right in front of my eyes...

Vandalism and rougue behaviour is rampant and so is illitracy...and with the increasing number of the brits with literally no brains,I will not be surprised if the Asians take over Britain completely...

No wonder we already have ads on television that screams... Go East.... a comforting thought... but then....now...a big question from me to all you bloggers...what should a good Indian parent say to the kids... Go West or Go East ? If i were a parent...I would teach my kids to follow the morality and culture of India...which also answers the question partly....i would definetly say...Go East...and maybe the Village People should have sung Go East instead of Go West... but then what would you say...do let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home