Thursday, March 16, 2006

Getting High on the High Street...

Tuesday was a really pleasant day for me,not at work but when i was getting back home after work.
I went to the post office and was getting back home when i heard a group of young boys and girls singing Eagle Eyed Cheery's Save Tonight. It was such a pleasure to hear that rendition with nothing but strings,strings and more strings and few bongos and drums...I was stunned...trust me,a group singing that song was a lot better than a solo version. Boy bands...if you are looking for ideas on making cover versions...you better read my blog...

Now to something more serious.The notes of that song actually made me walk all the way up to the little group that had now managed to grab more attention from the weary men and women who till then did not know of the existence of humanity other than their own mortal bodies walking buried in thoughts and worldly woes.I went to a young man in the group and asked him what was going on and he promptly directed me to another young lady and i told her that i was a travelling journalist covering events and Bingo! I got what I wanted to know.

It was bascically a way of attracting people like me to visit the OXFAM Shop. Dont ask me more about Oxfam. Wanna know more about it then i would suggest you visit
http://www.oxfam.org.uk/ and I am sure you will know more from this site...
And i was offered free coffee and chocos and biscuits but i had to gently turn them all down and I said I was there only to know more and not for any goodies... And then when i entered the shop there was this guy on the pedestal with an acoustic guitar and he was singing Bob Dylan's Hey Mr.Tambourine Man,so well that i forgot that Bob Dylan ever existed...and then a young man named Rocky Cheung made me a beautiful little bird with a strip of paper and that is what i call Origami...it was so sweet of him to have done so....

I then had to excuse myself and leave home,though i did it reluctantly. I was so much reminded of Sharmi but then I could not help it. It left me on an emotional high...

Anyways, I still cannot forget what I saw and heard on that tuesday evening and i would carry this picture in my mind for the rest of my life. There are more things that take me ona high and there is something i can never ever erase from my head and it is the rendition of a French Song by Sharmi and it is called er...i do not know...but it is has the words danse,danse in it and I can still hear her song every minute of everyday.... And if I can adapt Wordsworth's words from his poem The Solitary Reaper which would describe how I feel....here goes...

Whate'er the theme, the maiden sang As if her song could have no ending;
The music in my heart I bore Long after it was heard no more.

It is how i feel when i think of Sharmi's song or the song I heard on the High Street.

If you have the talent in you...and if you have some friends who share your passion,come out my young friend,come to the streets and sing out loud and let the world hear you sing,because,YOU HAVE THE POWER TO TURN THE WORLD...UPSIDE DOWN!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home